Do you? Do you remember that time when you were so sure of falling and hurting yourself but you knew you wanted to cycle around in your beautiful sea-facing society? Do you? Do you remember shivering and being scared to hold the handle, let go of the legs from the ground only to start pedalling despite having the two human and mechanical supporters on either side?
Today, on my way to teach in a school, I noticed a teenager struggling to ride his bicycle even though he had two friends and two supporters on either side. At first, I was felt he was a little too old to learn and why would he even start so late, what were his parents thinking when he was younger. But obviously I slapped myself in the head just the next second for being judgemental. Maybe that was the first time he probably sat on one and couldn’t afford one all this while or he could have just recovered from a life changing injury. YOU NEVER KNOW!
How quick are we to jumping into conclusions. Why? Because we would like see the world how it should be from our eyes ONLY, not actually how it is.
Anyway, the point being:
- You are never too old to learn ANYTHING.
- It’s okay to be scared when you are doing something that you are unsure about.
- You cannot remain scared and continue doing whatever it is that you really want.
- You will GROW. There is nothing but that if you truly invest time in learning that something.
- Try not to judge people basis their actions. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
- Learn to trust people who support you/mentor you. Sometimes you may not understand their tough love.
- Make mistakes. Embrace them with a smile and stop stressing over it time and again. Eg: Check this out. Here Messing up while dancing and still going with the flow are two bold ladies. Yay,Riddhi.
I feel with age, we build walls around us. Wall of pride and prejudice. Wall of self-doubt and inferiority. Walls that should technically help us make a beautiful structure from the strong foundation that we have had but instead we make shaky statements from the uncertain thoughts that leads to unpredictable future and helplessness.
If only we could be as carefree as kids and just approach things ilife without over-thinking,over-reacting,over-doubting,over-working, over-expecting.
What would I do to live in such a world.